Sunday, January 5, 2014

Here is to new beginnings: TBR Pile Reading Challenge


Happy new year to all of you!!!!
This year I hope to blog a lot more than last year. I want to talk some more about other things I am passionate about. I mean you all know I love crochet, but there are some more amazing things in life right?

One of these amazing things are books! Just plain old paper books. I tried to read on an e-reader, but there is just something magical about a real book. Ordering it, waiting for the mailman to arrive and then the joy of opening the package and admiring the cover and back of your own new book. Most of the time I start to read right away, but sometimes my new beloved books end up on the to be read pile.

2014 TBR Pile Reading Challenge by Bookish


Today I was just reading through some blogs and found this amazing TBR challenge on Bookish. The perfect way to start the new year! It helps me to blog some more and about other things than just crochet and on top of it all I get to read! Okay so no ordering new books for me this year, first I have to go through my To Be Read pile :)

I am planning to read about a book a month so I will hopefully read

11-20 books (A friedly hug).

I have tried to put in all kinds of books and mythological creatures (except vampires, because come to think of it, I have read lots and lots of vampire books and it is time for different things. That is untill I find a new and hot vampire on the bookshelf somewhere;) ) But I have to admit most of the books on my list are dystopian. I just can't help myself, I just love those!

These are the first 10 I want to read:

Hystorical
1. The trouble with Harry - Katie Macalister
(the first and last non-paranormal/dystopian book on my list. I am a huge fan of Katie, but never got around reading this one.)

Dystopian
2.Fuse - Jaulianna Baggott
3.Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver
4.Breath - Sarah Crossan (this will be a re-read)
5.Allegiant - Veronica Roth
6.Article5 - Kristen Simmons
7.The other life - Susanne Winnacker (read)
8. The Testing- Joelle Charbonneau (read)
9. Silo- Hugh Howey

Dystopian/Zombies 
8.Married with Zombies - Jesse Petersen (read)

Mermaid
9. Sleeping with the fishes - Mary Janice Davidson

Bigfoot (just because I am a true believer and I do not care what others say ;) )
10. Nobody loves a bigfoot, like a bigfoot babe - Simon Okill

Witches
11.Fire- Sara B. Elfgren and Mats Strandberg (read!)

Vampires
12. Vampire academy - Richelle Mead (read)
13. The descendant - Kelley Grealis (read)

When I finished a book and written a review about it, I will add the link here. You can always find this post by clicking challenges in the top menu.

Do you want to join this challange yourself or you want to know more about the rules of the challenge, visit the BOOKISH page and sign up! It will be lots of fun!


2 comments:

  1. We have a regional library loan system which my lovely niece introduced me too. I can reserve up to 20 books or other materials online and lo and behold they magically appear on my account and I can pick them up at the front desk of our local library. This has greatly increased the number of books I read. As much as I enjoy buying books, I find the cost and the storage gets to be a big challenging. This way not so bad and I can keep up with all my favorite series. Our local library has a fairly limited selection. However, the surrounding libraries are pretty amazing.

    DH has just started with the e-book thing since I got him an I Pad for Christmas. I am seeing more things only offered as e formats, but I still love my paper books. I'm not ready to give them up just yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The same here, I also read a lot of books from my library. I can look them up online, make a reservation and in a few days I can pick them up. I love this!!! So lots of books on my to be read pile are not really in my home but waiting on my library shelf. I must admit on the Ipad it was a lot easier to read than on my small device I have now. There are so many books out there that are free to read on your e reader,that is a huge plus. But overall I love my paper books a lot more ;)

    ReplyDelete